The Devil is dedicated to unearthing unknown, unheard, unseen, unheralded, unfamiliar or down right unbelievable bands old or new that have not yet hit the radars of the British public. If you are a new band or artist and would like to be considered for inclusion then please contact me via email or twitter.

Monday, July 08, 2013

Glastonbury Retrospective - Sundays Highlights and Lowlights

The Park Stage


Sunday's Highlights

1. The weather. Three glorious sunny days at Glastonbury in a row! Pinch me I must be dreaming

2. Getting a shout out from Bridie Jackson at Avalon for knowing all the words to Scarecrow. Another good excuse for showing the moving video for Scarecrow (as if I need an excuse!!).

Bridie Jackson


Go View

Bridie Jackson & The Arbour
Scarecrow



3. Palma Violets - Best of Friends

Palma Violets


In a packed Williams Green I was privileged to watch as Palma Violets proved themselves to be worthy flame carriers for guitar based indie rock. Best of Friends was the pick of a whole set of songs that are still rattling around my brain more than a week after Glastonbury.

Go Try



4. Palma Violets - 14

Palma Violets

14 was a close second to Best of Friends. 

GoView

Palma Violets
14



5. First Aid Kit - Emmylou

First Aid Kit


Go Try



6. Public Image Limited - Public Image

John Lydon

Go View

Public Image Ltd
Public Image



7. Twin Falls - Janie I Will Only Let You Down

Twin Falls

Go Try



Sunday's Disappointments

1. Missing Cat Power on the Park Stage

Go Try



2. Missing the xx's surprise appearance on the BBC Introducing stage

Go Try



3. Missing Stealing Sheep on The Park Stage

Go Try



Sunday's Surprises

1. I Am Kloot's amazing rendition of Radiation. I hadn't intended to go and see I Am Kloot but fortunately I caught their last few tracks while waiting for Public Image Limited and Radiation absolutely blew me away.

I Am Kloot

Go See

I Am Kloot
Radiation (Live)



And the last word goes to....



No comments: