1. The weather again, two perfect days without a drop of rain did this really happen or did I dream it?
2. Bridie Jackson & The Arbour - Scarecrow
Go Try Again
3. Getting a free copy of Bridie Jackson & The Arbour's new single Prolong with harmonies so soothing they should be prescribed by doctors as a means of curing stress.
4. Just about catching Scott & Charlene's Wedding despite getting searched by security at the gates!
5. Billy Bragg dedicating New England to Kirsty MacColl
6. A blistering set from Toy that blew our minds and a few of the John Peel stage fuses no doubt.
|Uncle Fester was disappointed he couldn't make it to the cousin IT family reunion|
7. Primal Scream being joined by Haim for a soaring, uplifting rendition of Come Together.
1. The Strypes
The main surprise of Saturday was that I didn't hate the world's most hyped wedding band The Strypes. I really wanted to hate them because of the hype and their retro reputation but they won me over... sort of. They were the coolest looking band all weekend with more energy than a fleet of Large Hadron Colliders. Now all they need to do is write some songs of their own that are as good as the covers and they might, just might, make a convert of me.
1. Billy Bragg not doing Levi Stubbs Tears